Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Motorcycle Quotes-

I've pulled together some of my favorite motorcycle related quotes just to share them here with you. No matter the brand of bike or scooter be it Honda, Harley, Yamaha, Ducati, Suzuki, BMW, Kawasaki, Cushman, Ural or Triumph; I hope you find something here to amuse or enlighten.

“That's all the motorcycle is, a system of concepts worked out in steel.”

~Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

“Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.”~Hunter Thompson

“A motorcycle functions entirely in accordance with the laws of reason, and a study of the art of motorcycle maintenance is really a miniature study of the art of rationality itself.”

~Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

“People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs. ”-Alexei Sayle

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150.”~Author Unknown

“Yeah, but people aren't comfortable with a woman who looks very masculine or rides a motorcycle or wears leather or has facial hair or has short hair.”-Pam Grier

“I want to go ride my motorcycle on my ranch.”-Lance Armstrong

"A mother is neither cocky, nor proud, because she knows the school principal may call at any minute to report that her child had just driven a motorcycle through the gymnasium. ”

-Mary Kay Blakely
“My mother went into the Peace Corps when she was sixty-eight.My one sister is a motorcycle freak, my other sister is a Holy Roller evangelist and my brother is running for president. I'm the only sane one in the family.' ~Billy Carter

“If I'm out trail riding, I have a favorite motorcycle. Riding on the road, I've got a favorite. If I'm jumping, I have a favorite, and if I'm racing, I have a favorite.”-Evel Knievel

“That's exactly what we felt when we read The Motorcycle Diaries. We felt invited to take a look at our own continent." - Walter Salles

“You see, I don't know how to ride a motorcycle, actually.”-Henry Winkler

"Sometimes it is a little better to travel than to arrive."

~Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

"Some people will tell you that slow is good-and it may be, on some days...but I'm here to tell you that fast is better.I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be betterthan being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles ..." ~ Hunter S. Thompson

“98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.”-Anonymous

“There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games. ”– Ernest Hemingway

“Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track.”– Justin Skalka

“I don't want a pickle,I just want ride on my motorcikle. I don't want to die, I just want a ride on my motorcy.........cle.”--Arlo Guthrieand

lastly

“There's no such thing as bad riding weather, just bad riding gear.” -- Dave Dragon


These quotes were collected by Dave Dragon
http://davedragon.rilysi.com/

No comments: