The Buell Ride of Choice:
From the Buell Website:
Schedule subject to change
7:00 a.m. Gate Opens
7:15 a.m. Registration and Bike Tech (Both Mandatory)
Confirmation containing your enrollment order number will be requested at registration.
8:20 a.m Rider’s Meeting (Mandatory)
9:00 a.m. – On Track
10:00 a.m. – Buell Demos open
Break an hour for lunch (sometime around noon)
Trackday ends at 5:00 p.m.
"Please see the specific gear/bike requirements for all track days."
1) All bikes MUST pass technical inspection prior to admittance to the track. If your bike DOES NOT pass tech inspection, you will NOT receive a refund.
2) Tires and brakes must be in good condition. Tires should be at least 75% of new condition. Any tires that are bluing from excessive wear will be disallowed. Slicks are allowed in 85% plus condition. We will have on site tire service at each track day, so if your tires don't pass, you will have the opportunity to put on replacement tires to pass tech.
3) All glass, headlight, turn signals, and plastic lenses must be taped over or removed. Side mirrors must be removed for the advanced group and at least taped over for all other groups.
4) We recommend, but do not require removal of center stands. No bikes with center stands will be allowed in the Advanced/Racer Group due to the ground clearance issue.
5) All machines must have an operational handlebar mounted kill switch/button and self-closing throttle in good working condition. 6) Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST use water or water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. NO AUTOMOTIVE ETHYL GLYCOL BASED COOLANTS ARE ALLOWED.
7) All valve stems must have caps.
8) Wheel balance weights must be well-secured.
9) License plates must have bolts taped or be removed.
10) Added for 2008 season: Advanced riders are required to safety wire drain plugs, oil filter and oil caps.
Rider Gear Requirements
1) Damage free BSI, DOT or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield. (Modular helmets are approved in the Novice Group only).
2) Riding boots that fully cover the ankle.
3) Gauntlet style gloves with full wrist coverage.
4) One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must zip together for Novice, Intermediate or Advanced groups. Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are acceptable in the Novice and Intermediate Group only provided they are either one piece or two piece that zip together with 50% zipper contact, reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee areas. No chaps.
Advanced group riders ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A BACK PROTECTOR. Soft back pads sewn into suits are not enough. No back protector = no track time!!!
2008 Season: We recommend the use of chest protectors.
YOU MUST RIDE A MOTORCYCLE APPROPRIATE FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE TRACK RIDING. SEVERELY UNDERPOWERED MOTORCYCLES, OR THOSE NOT SUITED TO HIGH SPEEDS OR LEAN ANGLES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE TRACK, if you have a question regarding your bike, contact us.
REGISTRATION & ACCOUNTING QUESTIONS
Phone: (888) 390-4020 EXT 901
Office Hours: M-F 8:30AM to 4:30PM EST